Thursday, April 1, 2021

April 1, 2021: April card 7 of Wands and Energy of the Year 9 of Wands


Interesting, both of my cards for April are Wands cards

The 9 of Wands is my Energy of the Year card.  The image on this card shows a naked man and a naked woman on a rumpled bed in the shadows, viewed from the front.  The woman is on her hands and knees, and the man is behind her.  They both appear to be in the throes of pleasure, with eyes closed and mouths open as they both cry out.  He has one hand on her shoulder, holding her in place, and the other hand is caressing her breast.  She has her head turned toward him as he penetrates her from behind, with one of her hands on her pubis, pleasuring herself.  The key phrases for this card are: good stimulation but watch your back, and defense and vigilance are important.

My April card is the 7 of Wands.  The image on this card is of a woman laying on a bed with a dark background, with a man leaning over her.  We only see their heads, shoulders and arms.  The woman has her head on a pillow, with her nightgown untied and pulled open so we can see her breasts.  The man is leaning over her with one hand over her mouth and the other index finger near his lips, as if he is telling her to "ssshhhh."  Her eyes are wide and her arms spread, one with palm open and fingers spread and the other in a fist, as if she has been startled awake.  The key phrases for this card are: surprise and daring, and a part of the undertaking is complete.  

In January, I saw the 9 of Wands as predicting good events, but also warning me to pay attention lest I trip and fall.  In February, the emphasis was on the element of Fire and the sharing of power, and March the focus was on the woman in the card image and her ability to control the situation.  Now, I am reminding myself that the suit of Wands represents Fire, strong passions, and extreme experiences.  This month I am seeing a warning of some sort, but I am also seeing some encouragement that while I may need to be alert, I can still please myself.  And I do have someone protecting my back.

Yes, the image on the 7 of Wands is not comfortable.  My first thought is that she was in trouble, but then I wondered if maybe his intention was to bring her away from a bad situation, not cause one.  It could be that he wants her to be quiet so they can both sneak away.  Once again, there is someone to help.  

The number 9 in the Tarot Minor Arcana tells of completeness.  Not completion or winding up and ending, but the fullness of manifestation.  The 7 cards tell of a pause to determine if the situation has matured sufficiently, or if more time is needed (while keeping in mind that waiting too long could cause us to miss out).  Again it seems that I am being told to be alert, to not be startled by whatever happens, and perhaps to not judge a situation by how it appears initially.   I will deal with it.  Perhaps if I am quiet and if I don't cry out when I am startled, I will be able to control things so in the end, I will be pleased.  I will take care, though.  Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment