Sunday, April 25, 2021

April 25, 2021: Page of Earth and Page of Air

Things have been busy for me, but I finally have time to begin working with The Wayfarer Tarot.  I shuffled these lovely cards and threw my first card pair.  Very interesting way to begin working with this deck, a pair of Pages.  I like it already!

Generally speaking, the Pages of the Tarot Court are seen as representing a youthful manifestation of the suit, however that does not have to mean young in years.  A senior citizen could certainly be seen as a Page if that senior has the outlook of a youth, free from pre-conceived expectations, open to new ideas and experiences, and eager to share his or her ideas.  

Pages are messengers or attendants to higher-ups, waiting on or serving as well as learning.  They are still developing the perception of who they are, their place in the world, and what they are becoming, and thus they enthusiastically embrace new experiences and opportunities to practice new skills.  Because they have no prior experiences or expectations, they are open to receiving the more subtle messages of their suits.

The image on The Wayfarer Tarot Page of Earth shows a young boy standing before a large tree with a dark opening at its base, holding out an apple to the viewer.  Earth is the suit of manifestation, and this Page is offering a message: things are just about to happen in your physical world.  His message could be specific, regarding a career change or new health insights, or he could just be saying, "look at me, watch how I move through the world, and be the same."  The Page of Earth is about beginnings and about what is just starting to manifest, so in a way he is sharing a possible future. If we choose to listen to the Page and hear his message, we have the power to understand the possibilities available to us right now and change our trajectory in accordance with those possibilities.

The image on the Page of Air shows a young girl in pigtails and an ankle-length dress holding a raven in her arms.    The element of Air represents the mind, the intellect and wisdom, and the message presented by this Page is connected to those things.  This Page is cradling a raven in her arms; the raven represents the mind, thought, and a two-prong method for learning: the active search for information and the passive use of the intuition to perceive information.  The Page of Air may be at a basic or early stage of learning, but she is courageous enough to take her own path forward.  She will do the work to research, to read, to indulge her endless curiosity and she will end up startling you with her knowledge (which is beyond her beginner status).

The Page of Earth reminds me that I already know what the "now" looks like, so I should shift my focus to what could be coming toward me in my physical world.  "Appreciate where you've been," he tells me, "and see your Path thus far as a blessing filled with gifts that you can use moving forward."  He tells me to be practical and flexible, but also to jump in with two feet and embrace the world of nature around me, my own body and its abilities and strengths, and those who travel through life with me.

The Page of Air is telling me that now is not the time to be satisfied with basic and more general knowledge.  The process of learning keeps the brain alive and keeps the mind strong and adaptable, which will allow me to not only survive the winds of change that are beginning to blow, but to thrive within them.  Everything manifested in the physical world begins as a thought or an idea, and new thoughts and ideas are the realm of the Page of Air; I should open my mind without expectations, and enjoy what is coming.

Well, I like this deck already!!  I will post images of the cards on my Instagram account, orange_dancing_sparkles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment