Wednesday, September 24, 2014

9/22/14

The Hierophant reversed/Five of Swords. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony, and conforming to the rules and traditions with the aim of presenting the highest good of the group.  There is duty to be found in this card, as well as morality, and a suggestion that tradition should not be accepted blindly, particularly when the card is reversed, as it is today. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others, but because it is alongside my reversed Hierophant today I think it is warning me, shouting that warning.  My way is not necessarily everyone else’s way, and fundamentalist responses are a danger today.

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Disks reversed and The Emperor. The Queen of Disks (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  Crowley sees this Queen as striving to manifest pleasurable surroundings without going overboard, and because she is reversed (and because of the other cards in my throw today), I am not tapping into the message of this Queen very effectively.  More danger here of forgetting that traditions are not meant to serve just me. The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress, an important task.  The Emperor says that the best way to make the day have a happy ending is to follow the rules, get things done on time, and encourage others to do the same, and he does his best to guide and protect others so they may do so.  Perhaps The Emperor is offering me an alternative path to leadership, helping my reversed Hierophant above to remember that sometimes we need to sacrifice our own needs or beliefs for the good of all.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Wands, flavored by the Ace of Cups reversed. The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong and sudden, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result should be balance.  This one is kind of a Minor Arcana version of The Wheel, and I might need this kind of energy today.  Yes, I will be challenged to keep the higher good of all in mind while I am tempted to impose my own needs onto situations, but things should evolve quickly, so I won’t need to consciously maintain my position for long.  My Eight of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Ace of Cups, a final warning for the day. Upright, the Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells of the potential to experience deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, and a connection to those around me.  My Ace is reversed, however, and while that works well with my reversed Eight of Wands (which is being directly flavored by the reversed Ace), a lack of realistic connection to my Inner Voice could add to the possible disruptions being hinted at by my other cards.   

My 6-digit date number is 9, thenumber that tells of a completeness of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “After a month of endless workdays, back-to-back meetings and political power plays, you're ready to peel off the power suit, slip into your comfiest jeans and reacquaint yourself with good old-fashioned fun. Today the Sun dives into Libra and your 11th house of community until October 23. Reward yourself for all your recent hard work by reconnecting with your friends and checking new scenes. If you must do anything, update your technology or start a blog--perfect 11th house activities.

And: “A love partner may have heard some great news about a career success today, Nanci, and could want to take you out to celebrate. Go--no matter what else you have to reschedule! Your friend is in a great mood, looks wonderful, and is feeling very passionate and sexy. If you want a night to remember, don't let this chance pass you by. And also make sure that you look your very best!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment