Thursday, May 8, 2014

5/8/14

The Tower reversed/Seven of Swords.  The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) is one of the Major Arcana cards that talks of adjustments.  This one in an upright position tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going that usually happens after more gentle corrections don’t bring the needed result.  I do understand what this card is about, even though it is reversed.  Yes, the adjustment may not be as explosive as I expect, but the card is there no matter what.  And this one needs to be listened to.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  Again, I understand just what this card is saying to me today.  It is much easier to see how someone else is manifesting this card, and just because I need to gently explain the concept to others does not mean I get to have tunnel vision, and not hear what they have to say.

My Thoth cards are the Queen of Swords and the Ten of Cups (“Satiety”) reversed.  .  The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law, and oh boy, do I get this one.  My Queen and my Seven are both the only upright cards today, and they are both Swords cards, so my own mental process (or the mental processes of others) are key to how the day will unfold.  Anything I think, say or do will have consequences, and I do need to remember that.  The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers the manifestation of happiness, simple joys, and fulfillment. The number Ten is about the completion of a cycle or manifestation, and the suit of Cups is about emotions, feelings and the inner self, so this card offers the bounty that comes with the successful experiencing of all the lessons of the Cups cards.  Apparently I am not there yet, and the rest of my cards today give hints as to what needs to be accomplished before I can enjoy this Ten of Cups.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Wands reversed, flavored by the Five of Swords reversed.  Whew, at least one Swords card that is reversed, and a good one to be reversed.  The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  Since the card is reversed, either I am not seeing the approach of the challenge, or I am not believing that I have the stamina to overcome the challenge.  My Nine of Wands is being flavored by the reversed Five of Swords.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others.  Because my Five of Swords is reversed, and it is flavoring my reversed Nine of Wands, I had better ascertain just what I think should happen, and then carefully examine my plan before putting it into effect.  There may be unforeseen consequences here that could affect someone in a bad way.  That seems to be the theme of the day.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness (not completion) of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Your upbeat, lively nature is fueled by the fast-paced energy at hand. You have a great deal of physical strength available to you, Sagittarius, and you can make tremendous strides in your yearly goals with very minimal effort. Take advantage of this time by focusing on your own needs. There is a great deal of support in place that will help you accomplish whatever your goals may be. Go for it.

And: “The desire to make a particular purchase could have you reworking your budget today. This is a good time to do this, as your business and money sense are operating at a high level and you're likely to be more savvy about finance than you usually are. You may take more time than you need, however. Remember not to beat it to death, or you'll lose your focus. Don't be afraid to take breaks. Good luck!

I’m back to my Yoga practice, after not doing Yoga at all during my vacation.  Yesterday, I did about a half hour of Yin.  This evening, I did 45 minutes of Yin, and then took a Gentle and Restorative Class.  I feel good!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment