Monday, May 19, 2014

5/19/14

Two of Wands reversed/Four of Wands reversed.  Hmmm . . . The Two of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position tells of power, influence and authority, and the implementation of the Will.  Apparently I may have doubts about my ability to manifest things in a positive and effective way today.  The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  This card has good vibes when upright because it presents Fire and a stable foundation, a great platform for creativity.  However, this Wands card is also reversed, validating the reversed nature of the Two of Wands.  I can’t be effective without a good, solid foundation, and there won’t be a good, solid foundation available to me today.

My Thoth cars are The Empress reversed and the Five of Swords (“Defeat”).  The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is the other half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (as well as The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses. My Empress is reversed, and telling me that the outer world might not offer many pleasures today; striving to please the senses just might bring about a dangerous distraction.  The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card could also be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others.  This is my only upright card today, and in some ways it corresponds to the reversed meanings of The Empress.  I do need to be cautious.

My Legacy card is the Page of Swords reversed, flavored by the Seven of Swords reversed.  More reversed Swords cards.  The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) in an upright position encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  My Page is reversed, however, and it looks like I might be tempted to react in a childish manner to challenges.  My reversed Page of Swords is being flavored by another reversed Swords card, the Seven of Swords reversed.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  This card can also be referring to the effort necessary to maintain things, or lack of effort thereof.  These concepts are “aiding and abetting” my reversed Page of Swords, and unless I’m careful, a temper tantrum just might be on my To Do list today.

My 6-digit date number is 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Overall, the climate is tense at work and at home, Sagittarius. You'll sense a feeling of restlessness and a longing for change, but you'll also feel a reluctance to make any real moves in that direction. Your judgment tells you that complaints that don't lead to action are meaningless. So why not be the catalyst that provokes some action?

And: “Today you might receive an invitation to a social event that you'll really want to attend. People who might prove to be important contacts might be there. Nonetheless, you might find that other responsibilities could interfere with your plans, and therefore you might experience a wave of disappointment. Still, if you think creatively, you could find a way to fulfill your obligations and attend the event as well. Think about it!

My next Wild Unknown Tarot card, one that is appropriate for today, considering my card throw:  The Four of Swords.  The image on this one is a lamb, all curled up and serene, beneath four Swords hanging point-down above him, with a brightly-glowing third eye chakra.  What a powerful image!  This tender, untried youth is resting below four Swords hanging precariously above him, and yet he does not appear frightened.  He is alert, so he knows those Swords are there even though he does not even spare them a glance, but he is not even prepared to run should they come loose.  Perhaps his stillness is part of his protection.  It is as if he is keeping those Swords up there with his serenity, his stillness, his awareness of what is going on around him, and his belief, his mental force . . . his Will! 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment