Friday, February 28, 2014

2/28/14

The Empress/Five of Swords reversed.  Niiiice!  The Empress (my significator card, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses.  I am being reminded just how effective it can be to allow expansion to happen, and to enjoy the processes and effects of expansion as they occur. The Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) in an upright position shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation. This card in an upright position could be telling of what seems to be overwhelming opposition, or being made to suffer the sins of others.  However, my card is reversed, and no matter what presents itself to me today, I will be able to resist the temptation to impose my own beliefs onto others. 

My Thoth cards are the Ten of Wands (“Oppression”) reversed and the Eight of Wands (“Swiftness”).  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright position tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result will be balance . . . once that dust settles.  These two Wands cards, one reversed and one upright, support each other and the entire spread nicely.  After all, the erupting energy of the Eight of Wands does not come from my own inner Fire (although it looks like I certainly will be feeling the effects of that Fiery volcanic eruption).

My Legacy card is the Ace of Wands reversed, flavored by the Three of Cups reversed.  Makes sense to me.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the initial emanation of enthusiasm or inspiration that could very well energize an entire process or project. This pure Fiery energy can be unpredictable, and the upright card would that something will be manifesting soon.  However, because my Ace is reversed, this attempt at manifestation may end up more like a car attempting to get out of an icy parking space: wheels spinning but no traction.  Looks like I won’t be good at controlling or directing that Fiery energy.  My reversed Ace of Wands is being flavored by another reversed card, the reversed Three of Cups.  The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) is about connections, emotional abundance, and about blessings.  This is seen as the friendship card, and because it is reversed, I may feel emotionally isolated today (not that this is a bad thing in itself).  Because the reversed Three of Cups is flavoring the reversed Ace of Wands, I am sensing that today will be more about a connection to my body and to my subconscious, rather than a connection to friends and enthusiastic new creations.  That’s okay with me, and if I go with the flow and work with whatever situations present themselves, I will be smiling as I go to bed tonight.  After all, The Empress is with me today.

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and deliberate response to the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6. 

My horoscopes: “If a friend or colleague seems to be in trouble, you may not want to interfere for fear of being too intimate. But this isn't a time to hold back, Sagittarius. It's likely that this person really does need your help. Your intervention will be much appreciated and possibly even rewarded. Be sure to get some rest tonight. You're emotionally and physically drained.

And: “It's on days like today that it's important to take time out to reflect upon the events of the past few days. Is it possible you've decided to change certain things about yourself and your behavior? If you could just devote a few minutes a day to all the little details in your personality, the changes will go much more smoothly. The atmosphere today may help you think about this.

It is coooold today, and they are calling for another major snowstorm beginning on Sunday evening.  The good news is that Mercury has finally gone direct, and maybe I can get some things done!  I am off to a good start, tweaked my Yin Yoga script and my Gentle Yoga script, answered some homeworks, and got this blog post up.  Yay!!  And Happy Friday!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment