Friday, May 31, 2013


The Star/Eight of Swords reversed. The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  This card is serene and soft, and tells us to go to a quiet place so we can be aware of our own synergy with the world.  Some say this represents the presence of a soft, serene inner light, bringing hope and optimism.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) in an upright position tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles.  Sometimes analyzing a situation too much ends up dropping us into a feedback loop.  Thankfully that should not be an issue today; The Star will allow me to go within, without ending up trapped there.

My Thoth card is the Five of Cups reversed.  “Disappointment” is Crowley’s keyword for this one. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback, or perhaps the belief that a wrong choice has been made.  There is a sense of isolation that comes with this kind of setback, but since my card is reversed today, that isolation will not affect me in a negative way.  Kind of supports the interpretation of the first two cards. 

My Legacy card is the Page of Wands reversed, flavored by The Hanging Man.  Okay, then. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is a fun guy to be around, unless you have a migraine, and since my Page is reversed today, he’s not going to be a help to me.  Indecision may be an issue, but the card flavoring my reversed Page of Wands, The Hanging Man, encourages me to allow that indecision to blossom. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought) presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way.  He is telling me that my indecision could end up helping me to see things in a new way.  As strange as it sounds, it appears that my Hanging Man is telling me to surrender to the transformative power of Fire rather than trying to control it.  The youthful outlook of the Page could give me the courage to hang upside down, and see how things look from there!

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability.

My horoscopes: “A lot of activity could take place around home today. It could involve a number of visitors, or it could simply be a lot of work that needs doing. Either way, you might feel a bit frazzled, and the temptation to run away from it all might be almost irresistible. Relax! There's no need to stress out. Just do what needs to be done and enjoy the rest of the day.

And: “Your current astral skies force you to undertake one of the hardest exercises of confidence there is. Your life has been so tossed about lately that you may yearn only for the security of landing on your feet, with little heed to where you land. Give more thought to your landing pad, dear, and you will find that your life changes in amazing new ways.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Pentacles.  The King of Pentacles in the Shadowscapes Tarot is surrounded by mature oak trees.  These trees are strong and straight, as oaks usually are, and they look like they would weather most storms.  The branches are festooned with many acorns, and the cool thing about this is that if a storm comes, those ripe acorns will end up planted in fertile soil, so the cycle of growth can begin again.

It is after 6 pm, and I am sitting on my porch in Cape May, waving to the people on the horse-drawn carriages that pass by.  It is lovely out here; blue sky, comfortable temperature, and a nice breeze to chase away the skeeters.  I spent the afternoon, after leaving steamy Bergen County (it went up over 90 today there!!), working on the garden in the back yard.  Tomorrow, after going for bread, I will work in the front.  However, there is not much for me to do.  The grass is cut already, and I won’t be trimming my privets because they are covered with flower buds.  I love the fragrance of privet flowers!!

My peony has opened; it is a lovely, vibrant and deep rose color.  We still have Siberian iris and regular iris, and we’ve got loads of roses, pink, white, yellow and red.  The first black-eyed-susan has opened, and soon there will be flowers all over the place. 

Clematis is still blooming, but getting toward the end.  I might need to get some annuals at some point, either tomorrow or next weekend, and get them in. 

Tonight, I will work on YTT homework, and on my Third Degree Lesson 10.  Maybe I will bring my stuff out onto the porch!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment