Thursday, May 16, 2013


Knight of Wands reversed/The Universe reversed.  Hmm . . . The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) in an upright usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy; most definitely not background-type efforts.  The Knight of Wands is a warrior, but today is not the day for me to be a hero.  No daring rescues or brave actions today!  I am better off looking before I leap; relax. The Universe/World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  My Universe card is reversed, but it is there.  If I can just keep that Knight under control, perhaps I will dispel the fog that is separating me from the synthesis and fulfillment that is hiding from me today

My Thoth card is the Princess of Swords.  The Princess/Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) tells us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  This card tells me to be a bit protective of myself, and perhaps defensive of thoughts and beliefs.  This would be a good day to make sure I understand why I am doing or saying or thinking what I am doing, saying or thinking.

My Legacy card is the Page of Cups, flavored by The Hanging Man.  Ooooh! The Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others.  My connections to others are important today, and my Inner Voice just might have some important insight to offer. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought) presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through seeing things in a different way.  My Hanging Man is flavoring my Page of Cups, and the energy created by their combination is yummy.  Looks like aiming my perception inward would be beneficial, as long as I maintain serenity and calmness.  These two cards offer a deeper interpretation of the other three.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that comes as growth slows and degeneration approaches, often involving a crossroad or choice of some kind.

My horoscopes: “You can be known for needing a lot of love, but you will never admit that to yourself, much less anyone else. Sometimes it seems as if you like feeling emotionally frustrated. Today is the perfect day to meditate about whether or not this is true of you. Do you talk to other people about your emotional needs?”

And: “"Wanderlust" is the keyword for today. You're probably bored with your daily routine and you look for ways to escape it. You might find yourself daydreaming about visiting exotic and distant places throughout the day, and you might actually make plans for your next vacation. You may be particularly attracted to a certain country and want to find out more about the culture. Consider including a close friend or lover for travel plans.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Eight of Cups.  The theme of the day!  This lovely card reminds us that it is okay to turn away from the hustle and bustle of life, and head toward the quiet and serene darkness of an “inner” corner.  Choosing to walk away from conflict, rather than allowing conflict to harm us, is valid, and it is empowering!

I had a lovely day yesterday, walking around the Meat Packing District of Manhattan with friends.  We had a lovely and leisurely lunch at The Spice Market, and then walked the beautiful High Line.  After some time exploring the Chelsea Market and popping into a few local boutiques, we had a late afternoon glass of wine at The Standard Hotel, and then headed back toward home.  We had a bit of a wait between trains in Hoboken, and so we visited The Teak Bar, and watched the fish in their huge tank for about an hour, then headed the rest of the way home.  Everything was perfect . . . blue skies, no-stress public transportation, and happy people all around us.

Tonight, I head to Wayne, for an evening around The Table with the PBT.  Tomorrow, I need to prepare for my next YTT Intensive.

Another Wild Unknown Tarot card: The Six of Cups.  This card shows a perfect young evergreen above ground with soft horizontal lines in the background, and the huge support network (larger in mass than the tree itself) of roots belowground colored in green, yellow, blue and red, with the entire image surrounded by evenly-spaced cups, two in either upper corner, two at ground level, and two in either lower corner.  An evergreen never fades or experiences Winter, and our emotions are also eternal.  We aim toward emotional enlightenment as we live our lives.  When we look back at where we’ve come, our memories can be without imperfection.  Who we are right now, the person we are, is supported by everything that has come before this moment, and most of that support (while connected to the visible effects of every element in our world) that has been in existence since before the tree first pushed its evergreen leaves above ground, is not visible to the naked eye; we have to get a shovel and dig in order to see it.  But whether perceived or not, there is a balance created by that support, just as there is a balance created by the memories of who we were and where we are going, and that balance brings harmony and serenity.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment