Monday, April 22, 2013


Two of Swords reversed/Five of Swords. The Two of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position represents a time of not looking or of shutting out the world.  The barriers needed to produce this isolation might not serve me today if allowed to solidify.  The card paired with my reversed Two of Swords is another Swords card, this one uprightThe Five of Swords (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, pleasure, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloof) shows what happens when we insist that our way is right, or when we impose our needs or wants onto a situation.  There is a clear warning here: if I refuse to see what is going on around me, I will end up putting all my efforts into manifesting the wrong situation. 

My Thoth card is Seven of Swords reversed.  “Futility” is Uncle Al’s keyword for this one in an upright position. The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  Needless to say, change happens anyway so this kind of effort is indeed futile.  Thankfully my card is reversed, and it, like my reversed Two of Swords above, is also telling me that isolation may not be good for me today.

My Legacy card is The Star, flavored by Temperance. Two similar cards!!  The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) is the “good will to all” card.  This card is serene and soft, and tells us to go to a quiet place so we can be aware of our own synergy with the world.   Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance:  balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes. Temperance reminds us that opposite extremes can often come together as one.  My Temperance card is flavoring my Star today, and thus is hinting that the serenity of The Star just might be hiding inside of me!

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace and the duality, polarity and “distance between” of the 2.

My horoscopes: “You may get frustrated when people who've taken shortcuts gain on your position, Sagittarius. You believe that hard work is necessary to get where you need to go. You aren't afraid to expend the blood and sweat needed for success. You've planned well and you're on track. Try not to get upset by others who take the easy route. They may seem like they're gaining on you, but you're light-years ahead.

And: “Keep your mind focused on travel today. You have the opportunity today to set a dream in motion toward taking off to a distant land. Consider packing up everything you own and just following your heart. Don't be afraid of change. You only live once, so make the best of what you've got. Don't think that you are necessarily locked in to your present situation. Think big. No one else is going to do your dreaming for you.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ten of Pentacles.  This card shows up often for me, and it is a good one.  It reminds me that there is a huge benefit from using tried-and-true methods, and from having the focus necessary to stick to that plan over the long term.  The prize is a good one, the bounties of the physical world and the pleasure of the senses.  Worth working toward, eh?

It has been a busy weekend.  We went out on Friday night with friends, then got up early Saturday morning and headed to Cape May.  I spent all day Saturday in my beloved garden; we went out to dinner on Saturday night.  Sunday I got up and headed over to the Breadstand, then gathered my things and came back north.  Last night, I taught a bellydance class to private students, came home and crashed. 

I slept well last night, and now I am ready to get back to business as usual.  Today was difficult in a minor way, a kind of “turnsta” day (everything I touch “turnsta” dog poop, LOL).  Stressful, but not overwhelming.  I did pretty much keep my sense of humor.

Next Wild Unknown Tarot card!  The Five of Pentacles.  I connect deeply to the image on this card, a red rose bud, just ready to open to a brilliantly beautiful blossom.  Something has harmed this bud, and it is drooping limply on its stem, and the petals, also curled and limp, are beginning to drop, one by one.  The image makes me feel wounded, as if circumstances had gotten together to deny me whatever I need to blossom at the very moment where work and effort would have begun to blossom.  These circumstances make me feel cut off from what I need to prosper, and they make me feel that I’ve lost a unique opportunity, lost it so that I cannot ever hope to retrieve it.  Is it an illness that is causing the weakness?  Is there not enough water?  Not enough fertilizer?  We cannot tell from the image on this card, which shows only one stem.  We would be wrong to judge the entire situation by this one drooping flower. What we forget is that the rose is a hardy plant; the flowers may droop from illness or neglect or natural disaster, but there is still life hidden within the core of the plant.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment