Friday, April 12, 2013


Nine of Cups reversed/Six of Cups. The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) in an upright position is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in feelings and emotions, and in our expectations for the day. My card is reversed, however, and perhaps self-satisfaction could be a danger today.  Focusing on what I want to happen rather than what is actually happening could pull me away from more effective emotional experiences.  The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all around us.  This Cups card could be explaining why my Nine is reversed.  Today should be about emotional balance and simple pleasures of connection, rather than self-satisfaction and making the expectations of the day about me.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Cups reversed.  Another Cups card! “Debauch” is Crowley’s keyword for the Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious), which in an upright position represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices. The traditional image of the Seven of Cups shows seven cups, each filled with what appears to be a wonderful gift: the Wreath (Saturn and The World); the Castle (Mars and The Tower), the Woman (Venus and The Empress); the Snake (Mercury and The Magician); the Veil (the Moon and The High Priestess), the Jewels (Jupiter and The Wheel of Fortune), and the Dragon (our Sun and The Sun). Yep, all Major Arcana cards, so these choices are important.  The Thoth Seven of Cups also tells of being mired in pleasure, or addicted to it; this is so easy to understand.  Just remember the lovely sugar rush you get from eating something sweet, followed by that sugar crash.  My reversed Seven of Cups is validating my interpretation of my reversed Nine of Cups above.  Today is not about me, or about indulging in my own wishes or cravings!

My Legacy card is the Four of Wands reversed, flavored by the Two of Cups reversed.  And yet another Cups card, also reversed. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position is about building enough to become established, about the results of harmony and effort and creativity combined.  I may find that I have difficulty building a foundation today, and the card flavoring my Four of Wands, the reversed Two of Cups, may be hinting why my Four of Wands is reversed, and why my Nine of Cups above is reversed. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities. My Two is reversed, and offers a simple message: no man is an island.  ‘Nuff said.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel, a personally important symbol), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, the line (an image of energy and force) and “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “A task that requires a lot of writing might have you discovering a new talent you never knew you had. You might be surprised, but you will want to develop this new skill. It could involve technology in some way, or it could entail working with money. A number of people could confer with you at some point during the day, Sagittarius, perhaps asking advice about future business trends.

And: “Is there a neighbor or sibling in your life whom you feel you know very well? If so, prepare for a shock today. Your intuition could cause you to pick up on some thoughts and feelings of which you would never have considered this person capable. Possibly this person is longing for some sort of highly unconventional adventure! Encourage them to share their feelings with you. It might help to get everything out in the open that's been hidden until now.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding Judgement.  This card tells me that the time has come to evaluate the phase of life just passing in an honest, objective and unbiased way, while still being true to myself.  Every thought, word and deed has consequences, and in order to clean the slate so I can begin again, I must accept reward for the good I have generated, and atonement for the bad I have generated (whether either was accomplished deliberately or by accident, I am still responsible).  The carrot on the end of the stick that encourages us to accomplish this sometimes uncomfortable task is the metamorphosis and evolution of the soul.

Friends of ours closed on a house yesterday, and tonight we will be celebrating with them.  I’ve had a good couple of days.  I’m ready to review for my YTT Intensive this Sunday, and I’m watching for the delivery of my new Tarot deck.

Humming “Anticipation” . . . .

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment