Sunday, August 12, 2012

Transparent Oracle Sunday!  After asking “What do I need to know?” I threw:

18, Guide: Horse (South).  South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  Horse is a card of progress and speed and travel.  After all, horses are good at getting to where they need to be!  Horse is a good indication that progress is happening, and Horse just might be indicating that there are others following because they need a bold and confident leader.  Horse represents transition, but taken to extremes, there can be skittishness or restlessness.

42, Guide: Angel (Above).  The direction of Above takes us up and out of the four traditional elements of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, and reminds us that we are but a small part of the Cosmos.  Above also reminds us that while the Machinery of the Universe is huge, it does have an effect on each of us, and each of us is an important part of the workings of that Machinery.  Angel is also about change, either personal change or global change, and Angel reminds us that no matter how uncomfortable that change may be, there are always higher beings out there who are willing to help and protect us.  Angels are Divine messengers, so sometimes they seem to bring change, but often it is just that they are right before the change, heralding its approach.  No matter what, Angel reminds us of the wisdom and power, and answers, that are available to us.

56, Grail Hollows: The Cauldron (Below).  The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Grail Hollows are ancient treasures deeply connected to each of the four elements, guarded throughout time by the Tuatha de Danaan.  The Cauldron corresponds with the element of Water, and thus, with feelings, emotions, intuition, nourishment and healing, all necessary for the balance and harmony of the Self.  Within Wicca, The Cauldron is also seen as a representation of the Sacred Feminine, the Goddess, and Her fertile womb. 

Wow, those are very powerful cards for me!  I created my mandala, and right smack in the center of the circle is The Cauldron, emblazoned with the pentacle from the Angel card.  Dancing around The Cauldron, as if it were a may pole, are the three Horses and the three Angels.  Incredible!! Movement within my spiritual practice is being foretold here, possibly swift (but not necessarily comfortable) movement.  No matter what, I will have guidance, and no matter what, the Goddess is at the center of everything.  Things are happening for me!  These things may be smooth and easy, or they may attempt to bite or buck me off, but they are happening.  I need to remember that I am not alone on this particular Journey; my steed is strong and experienced, and there are Angels riding with me!

Aaaand, I lost another half pound; that’s 11 ½ pounds to date!

All I can say is Wow!

Family vacation is great, after only one day.  Last night we went to the beach at midnight for the Perseid Meteor Shower; we may try again tonight.  This morning, after my bike ride, I went to Sunset Beach with my brother-in-law and Truman, their golden retriever.  This afternoon I think we will be heading to the ocean. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment