Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Fool reversed/King of Wands. Today is not a day of creating new ideas; oh no! Today is a day of IMPLEMENTATION. And I say that out loud because that is the job of the King of Wands. He implements, and he does so in a fiery manner; he is, after all, Fire of Fire. In some ways, this King is an adrenalin junky because he loves the feelings that come along with the successful tackling of a problem.

I often see this card as a significator for one of my bosses, for he is one of those people that just loves conflict. I am going to anticipate that today, I will be the one at the end of the day that is feeling satisfaction because I was able to successfully bring to completion the tasks of the day. I will use tried and true methods for dealing with the potentially flammable energies of my boss, and I will not allow him to push the buttons that release my anger and irritation.

My Thoth card for today was The Moon reversed. Interesting! I see this card in an upright position as representing the things in our lives that are just unfamiliar enough to be unsettling; visions and dreams with messages presented through symbolism fall into the category of The Moon, and often we tend to fear what we don’t understand. I also see The Moon as being directly related to my current journey across the Abyss. The Moon is connected to the Hebrew letter “Qoph” which means “the back of the head.” Perfect description for me, because that is the part of my brain that has been specifically chosen for me for this current set of meditations. Crowley saw this card as being related to The High Priestess (the waxing moon), but as the other side of the coin, so to speak, the waning energies. I think of how the moon looks to me during its waning stage if I happen to be up in the “wee hours” of the day, with the lit crescent pointing towards the sun in the east because the sun is behind the moon, rather than at the sun in the west, which is how we usually see the crescent moon (unless we are up late). Familiar, yet unfamiliar, the same as the energies of this card.

Yet, my card was reversed, which seems to hint that I am reaching the end of my journey across the Abyss, and also the reversal seems to be telling me that I should not fear the things that seem just a little different than I remember them. Uncle Al sums this up best: “Whatever horrors may afflict the soul, whatever abominations may excite the loathing of the heart, whatever terrors may assail the mind, the answer is the same at every stage: ‘How splendid is the Adventure!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment