Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11/19/13

The Moon/Judgement. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  The Llewellyn Moon card tells of disorientation and wild visions, primordial instincts, powerful mood swings, and even hysteria. This is actually a creative card, but the creativity needs to be controlled.  Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) in an upright position represents an opportunity to tally up and pay the bill so we can have a fresh start.  I love the Llewellyn interpretation of this card: “A clearing away of dogma, outside expectations, propaganda, and conventional, unquestioned wisdom that has accumulated and entombed ones life.”  Perhaps it is through visions and being disoriented that I will be able to break away from that which is holding me back.

My Thoth cards are The Moon and Death reversed.  Hmmmm . . . lots of Moon cards these days.  Crowley assocates The Moon with illusion and deception, the unconscious mind and the astral plane. This card tells of hidden knowledge that is more uncomfortable than that represented by The High Priestess, knowledge that is accessed through dreams and trances.  When repressed, this knowledge can hint at neurosis and depression, but in any event these are truly magickal experiences. Death corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped, and that usually involves the potential to step upward on the evolutionary ladder. Crowley sees Death as representing natural change through alchemic putrefaction. My Death card is reversed, and this makes sense when combined with The Moon.  I am being reminded here that while the idea of facing the unknown can be frightening, it is after all the first step toward a new life.  Both of these cards tell me that I am fearing the unknown, to the point of maybe struggling with the natural cycles of my life.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords, flavored by the Six of Wands reversed.  LOL, as usual, this deck offers a different way to see the day.  The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) tells of the perception of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  This is defeat with overkill, and often it is only extreme defeat because I believe it to be.  Former ideas are no longer valid, but this is as bad as it gets, so I need to be more optimistic. The Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) in an upright position expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge.  My card is reversed, and flavoring my Ten of Swords.  There is the celebration of accomplishment I am seeking, right there in that card.  But the card is reversed; perhaps I can’t access that celebration because I am too busy focusing on what has gone wrong. 

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause as growth slows and degeneration approaches, usually requiring an assessment and choice of some kind.

My horoscopes: “An increase in your technical skills could bring you a new job or an increase in income. You may have felt a bit nervous and stressed lately, but this should balance out now. You feel focused and you're aiming carefully toward your goals. You'll succeed if you keep going as you are.”

And: “Don't make any commitments to groups or organizations of any kind today. It may be that you are asked to do more than is realistic. If you accept you will be obliged to see the project through until the end, and that could be a long time indeed. You would be better of pursuing your own goals rather than helping others trying to attain theirs. At least this way you are in control of the outcome.”

For the second day in a row, I saw a red tailed hawk while on the way to the grocery store.  Cool!  Plus today, I had the added pleasure of watching a whirlpool of leaves form and then move across the street right in front of me; the Sylphs are out to play!!

Yay, it’s back.  I am able to once again sense the background hum of energy that is the Sacred.  For a bit of time, I was so focused on the physical world that I could not spare even a bit of energy to tune into that Essence that fuels me and keeps me striving upward.  But this morning, as I sit at my desk, looking out the window at the beautiful lace that is the maple tree across the street without its leaves, I feel the optimism once more. 

We are in the dark part of the Wheel, and I do understand these foggy times, their benefits and their challenges.  This is the time to look within, and I think that is validated by how many times The Moon is appearing in my daily throw, both upright and reversed. Soon enough, I will begin to anticipate the birth of the new year and sense the Essence of the Sacred Masculine, growing stronger within the Womb of the Goddess.  But for now, things are at the quiet stage.  Less and less are the effects of the Holly King, as my memories of Him fade; not yet apparent is that anticipation of the birth of the Oak King.  It is as if the ebbing tide is approaching its peak and yet the tidal bore of the waxing tide is still far out to sea; all is quiet and there is much to experience and learn during this brief time of solar passivity. 

I read this lovely quote this morning by Herman Hesse, a reminder that life and all of its challenges is the gift, and it is the living of that life and experiencing those challenges that is what it is all about.

Man is not by any means of fixed and enduring form. He is nothing else than the narrow and perilous bridge between nature and spirit. His innermost destiny drives him on to the spirit and to God. His innermost longing draws him back to nature, the Mother. Between the two forces his life hangs tremulous and irresolute.

Nothing is permanent, no matter how hard we want it to be.  The Wheel of the Year turns!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment