Thursday, March 28, 2013


The Lovers reversed/Five of Pentacles. The Lovers (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts, quick and animated, intellectual, problems or challenges; Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, sociable, dual; Zayin, double-edged sword; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Binah, female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) tells of duality, union, and personal choices.  This card is about love, but it is also about personal values and personal choices, and today my choices will not be effective if they are only about me.  I need to look at the bigger picture today, and look at the world at large rather than my own little place in it. The Five of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) traditional image shows a woman and a child, one of them injured in some way, travelling in the cold wind, with a church window behind them.  I may be dealing with physical world resources today, or at least the perception of an imbalance or need within those resources.  Perhaps my Lovers reversed is offering a way to deal with that perceived lack of resources.  Perhaps if I try real hard, I will be able to tear my eyes away from the things I believe are hurting me or holding me back, and instead will be able to look at what I have.  Blessings are around me, blessings that can’t be bought with any coin; I have only to look for them and I will find them.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Swords reversed.  “Futility” will be in the air today, but I will overcome! The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  My Seven of Swords is reversed, and once again, I am being told that my own needs are not the important ones today.  If I spend the day trying to tailor my surroundings to my own needs, I won’t be successful.  The energy flows of the day are more “out of me, to the benefit of all (including me),” rather than “into me, for my particular needs.”  Futility will only be apparent if I don’t tap into the energy flows.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Wands, flavored by the Eight of Swords reversed. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic and enthusiastic, gives 100% of herself, and always has a smile on her face and humor in her heart. Today I will be at home in a garden or a board room, and I will gain much pleasure from sharing what I have, including my joy for life and my sense of humor. My Queen is being flavored by the Eight of Swords in a reversed position.  The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) in an upright position tells of a confused and restrictive response to obstacles, or the interferences that happen when we just have bad luck.  My card is reversed, and it is flavoring my already-alert and enthusiastic Queen of Wands, and these two cards together predict a bit of excitement, to say the least!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and deliberate response to the beginning of degeneration that is the number 7, most likely in order to attempt to preserve the harmony of the number 6 for a bit longer. 

My horoscopes: “You might spend a lot of time in conversation with friends who share your interests. Their insights could lead to new insights on your part, Sagittarius, and vice versa. This process could bring all of you closer together. Good news could come through the mail, email, or phone regarding goals you've been trying to reach. You're also likely to send out a lot of communications yourself.

And: “Freedom of speech is likely to be a big theme for you. Don't be surprised if you find yourself up on your soapbox in support of the rights that you believe in. Others are apt to listen to you attentively, so be clear and concise in your arguments. Imagine yourself as someone who is giving a pep talk for a group of revolutionaries who are ready to launch a fight for an important cause. You can inspire others with your positive and encouraging nature.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ace of Cups.  Potential today for all kinds of emotions, and all kinds of “seeing” or “understanding.”  This card is about the possibility of connecting to others, and it is about the potential for feelings and emotions that are connected to connections.  It can also be hinting at a deeper connection to “Self,” too.  Everyone may end up happy!

I am looking forward to this long weekend with family.  I will be gardening, I will be visiting Higbee Beach and Sunset Beach, and I will be sharing some single malt Scotch while taking part in great meals and great conversations.  If my cards for today are any indication, things should be pretty exciting, and rewarding, too.

I won’t be totally abandoning my responsibilities, though.  As always, my Tarot cards will come with me (and I will throw Transparent Oracle, too), and my YTT homework will come with me too.  I will carve out some time to work with both.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment