Thursday, May 18, 2017

December 21, 2016: Yule Blessings!



Today is the Winter Solstice, Yule.  It is the longest night and shortest day, the time when the Oak King and the Holly King battle once more, but this time the Oak King wins the battle, and the Waxing Year begins.  However, the renewal of light is not apparent at the beginning of the Waxing Year.  Twilight comes early still, and dawn is still slow to arrive.  I found this beautiful writing online; it really sums up this quiet, dark time of me:

"When winter comes to a woman’s soul, she withdraws into her inner self, her deepest spaces. She refuses all connection, refutes all arguments that she should engage in the world. She may say she is resting, but she is more than resting: She is creating a new universe within herself, examining and breaking old patterns, destroying what should not be revived, feeding in secret what needs to thrive.

Winter women are those who bring into the next cycle what should be saved. They are the deep conservators of knowledge and power. Not for nothing did ancient peoples honor the grandmother. In her calm deliberateness, she winters over our truth, she freezes out false-heartedness.

Look into her eyes, this winter woman. In their gray spaciousness you can see the future. Look out of your own winter eyes. You too can see the future."

By Patricia Monaghan


My Yule Sabbat Dreams of Gaia Major Arcana card is Thought, the number XVIII card, in a reversed position.  The keywords for this card are thought, reality, power, attention, focus, attraction, positivity, negativity, and Universal Law.  I have a huge connection to this card, because it is telling me that if I think, then I exist.  I’ve been through this, been through that moment when I realize that all of reality, everything around me, might just be created by my mind.  I had to find peace with this, and come to understand that even if the world is a creation of my mind, it has validity to me.  My thoughts have power; after all, they’ve created this reality, created it so that I can perceive everything around me with my physical senses.  That is the reason this card has such powerful influences on our lives; Thought creates reality.  The cool thing is that scientists don’t quite know why we think just yet.  They don’t know how the whole thinking process works.  Thought is not just a mental activity; it can also influence the way we live and the way we perceive all parts of life, both on the conscious and the unconscious levels.  Power!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment