Tuesday, June 9, 2015

6/4/15 Seven of Swords and Queen of Pentacles

Today I grabbed my Haindle Tarot, and threw the Seven of Swords reversed and the Queen of Stones/Pentacles reversed.  Hmmm . . . are my cards reversed because I haven’t picked up a Tarot deck in over a week, or because the energies of the day are not readily available to me? 

The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  Because this card is reversed, any effort to maintain things as they are might be well-spent and prudent.

The Haindle Seven of Swords has an interesting keyword: “Uselessness.”  The LWB describes the keyword as “the useless old men who arrange the world for their benefit,” and this makes sense.  Here are the rulers who refuse to see that the world has evolved and moved on; if it worked in the past, it ain’t broke so don’t fix it.  Reversed, this card tells of attempting to deal with uselessness. 

The Queen of Pentacles (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) in an upright position is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her through the manifestation of her visualizations, and help everyone, including herself, in the process.  She is comfortable with all physical world sensations and experiences, she understands the philosophies behind building and healing and nurturing, and she is able to find beauty in all experiences.  This Queen represents Water of Earth, and represents a time when emotions support the senses (or counteract them, since the card is reversed).

The Haindle Queen of Stones is called the Mother of Stones, and is represented by the face of Spider Woman and the web-like labyrinth of her thoughts.  She is serene and confident when upright, but reversed she indicates a difficulty in pausing in order to enjoy life.

It sounds as if things might be a bit unsettled for me for a while.  At least I am able to be aware that my brain is a bit muddled, but that does not mean I will be able to clear the fog and find that well-grounded yet versatile center.  Emotions, dreams and feelings won’t be any help, but perhaps building a bit of aerobic Fire might be the ticket.  I’d better make sure I take my walk and make time for my personal Yin/Flow Yoga practice!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment