Sunday, March 1, 2015

2/28/15

The Hierophant/Justice reversed. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony, and conforming to the rules and traditions with the aim of presenting the highest good of the group.  There is duty to be found in this card, as well as morality, and a suggestion that tradition should not be accepted blindly, for there is a level of attainment to be had from within a spiritual practice.  I love the meaning of the Hebrew letter Vau in connection with this card.  The practice of spiritual traditions itself is indeed one of the nails that hold that tradition in place, and it is this holding in place that is important today. Justice is a card of adjustment; it corresponds with the element of Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and quick, animated energy that usually brings problems or challenges that bring growth), Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Lamed (ox goad; training or teaching), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Geburah (the place where forms and structures are challenged or affirmed).  This card presents two important concepts: balance and truth, and it tells us that the purpose of the law is to implement and manifest these two concepts. The traditional image of Justice has two pillars on it, as does The High Priestess; each is a guardian of sorts, Justice a guardian of equilibrium and The High Priestess a guardian of secret knowledge.  My Justice card is reversed, and this could be offering me a warning of sorts.  Perhaps offering judgment through a spiritual or religious tradition is not the way to go; after all, religion is a personal thing and Justice needs to transcend tradition and move into ethics.

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Wands (“Valor”) reversed and The Fool reversed. The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) in an upright position reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, so I should have confidence in that judgment.  This card also reminds me to choose my projects carefully, and then stand by them until the end, because I just might be experiencing a test of some kind, and I need to be brave, determined and creative, and maybe even take a calculated risk.  Because my Seven of Wands is reversed, today may not be a day for risks, or for putting myself in a situation where I will need to take a stand of some sort.  The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity; he is above, beyond and before the world and all its extremes.  He is also the archetype of the Holy Child, above, beyond and before petty squabbles, evil intent, and pessimistic expectations.  My Fool is reversed, and in many ways this emphasizes the value of my Heirophant above.  The upright Fool sees the world with child-like excitement and optimism, and he leaves the good outcome up to chance because he believes with his heart and is soul that good outcome will happen.  Better I rely on already-in-place traditions today, and make use of what already works for me, rather than boldly going where no man has gone before..

My Legacy card is The Hermit, flavored by The Empress reversed. The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and is about searching within for a deeper meaning, often through solitude bordering on discomfort.  The Hermit tells us that in order to release the past and achieve something of value, the work must be done internally, usually involving solitude to the point of discomfort, and with an outward mantle of “business as usual.”  Like The High Priestess, he deals with hidden or not obvious knowledge, however The Hermit understands that his knowledge is insignificant when compared to what he does not know.  He also acknowledges that the maintenance of his solitude requires Will power.  I need to remember the concept of using my discomfort and a shield and a tool, and by the looks of my cards today, I should be able to accomplish this.  My Hermit is being flavored by The Empress reversed.  Another validation! The Empress (which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Venus (beauty, allure, pleasure, relationships), the Hebrew letter Daleth (door or womb) and the Path between Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure) and Chokmah on the Tree of Life (dynamic male energy and the origin of vital force and polarity)) is one half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine (along with The High Priestess), the half that is about creativity, fertility of all kinds, a deep connection to Nature and the nurturing of others, and an enjoyment of the senses.  When upright, The Empress is able to enjoy the pleasures of Nature and of her own body, and she is able to create a pleasing environment for all, however she is validating the message of my Hermit because she is reversed.  Pull away from pleasurable sensations today, and explore the benefits to be had from a bit of discomfort, a bit of challenge. 

My 6-digit date number is 9, the completeness of manifestation or effect. 

My horoscopes: “There will be no stopping you once you've made up your mind today. The Moon is getting cozy in your intimate 8th house, where it's clashing with impulsive Uranus. This could elicit a major change to your domestic life, such as a huge home makeover or even buying some property. You might think you're ready to proceed as soon as you decide to go for it, but major decisions take major strategizing to work. Don't rip up the carpets or sign off on a loan until you've put in the planning time.

And: “Expanding your horizons is the key phrase for today. Communications received from distant states or foreign lands could have you entertaining the idea of traveling to those places and visiting with people with the same interests as yourself. Learning is very much on your mind, and you're probably very curious about different cultures, different ideas, and different perspectives. Though you might not make definite plans for travel now, you're apt to at least consider it.

So one moment of not paying attention to where I was stepping during my walk yesterday, and bam!  Down I went.  Thankfully, all I did was jam my wrist badly; of course, my right wrist.  I won’t be doing much typing for a few days, but so far my Reiki applications and my attempts to not use my right hand (ugh!!) are encouraging the healing process.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment