Sunday, February 8, 2015

2/8/15

Transparent Oracle Sunday! 

38, Guide: Owl (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Owl is a night hunter, and thus is very good at perceiving things, even in the dark.  Because Owl can fly silently, he is also associated with silence; dark silence can be uncomfortable for some.  Owl tends to be solitary, but this nature allows Owl to be objective and detached, and to gain much wisdom from life experiences.

6, Guide: Butterfly (East).  East is the direction of Air, and thus of fresh ideas and new beginnings, knowledge, information and thoughts.  Butterflies are about metamorphosis, and about seeing in all directions at the same time.  Butterflies are strong!  Monarchs, with wings basically the consistency of tissue paper, fly hundreds of miles to the South in the Fall, winter over, and then return Northward.  Butterflies are an interesting combination of potential and sacrifice.

40, Elemental: Gnome (North).  Earth represents stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change; its dignities are cold/binds and dry/shapes.  The Gnome is about hard work, strength and patience; Gnome is the guardian of the Earth who meets each responsibility fully and completely; he may appear serious, but he is capable of some mischief.  And woe is the person who damages what he guards!

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  Owl and Butterfly look merged in this one, as if they were one creature with beautiful wings and antennae; this unique creature is being guarded by the Gnomes who stand in a circle looking outward.  These three cards seem to be telling me that now is the time to look deep within myself and realistically assess what has happened over the past quiet, cold and snowy Winter weeks.  This assessment has a “now or never” feel about it; soon enough the warmth and light of Spring will arrive, and the messages being offered right now will fade away if I don’t access them.  I may find that I have done better than I thought I would, and in the end I will walk away from this Winter with much to value.

I’ve had a productive weekend by myself in my beloved Blue Moon House.  I’ve got a 9-page first draft completed of my next 3rd Degree Training lesson.  I’ll let that digest a bit, then re-read it and make any necessary tweaks.  I’ve also completed my homework for the last Advanced Yoga Intensive I attended, and will be submitting that either tonight or tomorrow morning. 

I’ve also walked each day along the beach and in town, and did my lovely Yin/Flow Yoga practice each day in front of the fireplace.  I feel recharged!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment