Wednesday, November 26, 2014

11/26/14

Eight of Wands reversed/Nine of Wands reversed.  Hmmm . . . a non-progression?  The Eight of Wands (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, skill, communication, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) is a card of action, of quick developments, and of pulling it all together so things can be completed.  The energies of this card are fast and strong and sudden, and while the dust will surely fly, the end result should be balance.  This one is kind of a Minor Arcana version of The Wheel, and because it is reversed, I might find that things are not happening in a fast or sudden way.  While the energies of the upright Eight of Wands are not sourced from people (the traditional image of this card does not have any people on it; one of the few Minors without people in the image), perhaps I need to remember that whether things are happening slowly or quickly, I can still choose to do something about them.  Maybe not change them, but change my response to them. The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) in an upright position tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of the order and control that helps us to plan for possible challenges or hostilities to come, the way a seasoned warrior would plan.  My card is reversed, and perhaps I am being told that planning is not the answer.  I’m considering the differences between these two cards.  The Eight is about sudden movement that can’t be controlled, and the Nine is about holding the line, even if we are tired.  Perhaps what I need is a balance between the two, rather than one or the other.

My Thoth cards are the Knight of Disks and the Seven of Disks (“Failure”). The Knights of the Thoth Tarot are actually the Kings.  The Knight/King of Disks (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on physical world manifestation of all kinds.  He is good at managing physical world resources, but he focuses a lot on the business end of things.  My Knight/King is reminding me that I need to manage my resources and meet my commitments.  No matter what is happening in my personal life, people are depending on me. The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments. To Crowley, the pause indicated by the Seven of Disks is happening because of sloth and lethargy, and the image on the card is dark and heavy, even stagnant.  Failure can happen due to a lack of success, but it can also happen due to non-performance; the Golden Dawn name for this card is the Lord of Success Unfulfilled.  Crowley also saw this one as representing bad money; ugh.  While these two Disks cards could be seen to promote lethargy, I need to remember that doing nothing is still a choice.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Coins, flavored by the Queen of Swords.  Inward focus, anyone? The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her through her visualizations.  She is comfortable with all physical world sensations and experiences, she understands the philosophies behind building and healing and nurturing, and she is able to find beauty in all experiences.  Our Queen represents Water of Earth, and represents a time when emotions support the senses (or counteract them, if the card is reversed).  My Queen of Coins is being flavored by another Queen, the Queen of Swords. The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) can be considered a Minor Arcana representation of the Justice card, which is about responsibility and the relationship between “cause” and “effect.”  The main difference is that while Justice is about the law, the Queen of Swords is about the intent behind the law.  She is Water of Air, and paired with the Water of Earth of my other Queen, I am being shown different aspects of my own Inner Self.  These two make a powerful combination because sustaining the physical world ~and~ understanding cause and effect are not too shabby!

My horoscopes: “Budget time! Tend to the nuts-and-bolts of work and money in the early hours of the day, while the Moon is still in Capricorn, your security-minded second house. If you need to map out a solid plan for long-term stability, perhaps even by requesting a raise, now's the time. In the afternoon, once the Moon shifts into Aquarius, your conversational third house, you're far more cerebral than cost conscious. Spend the afternoon on a writing project or engaging in some brainstorming with colleagues. We all know that when it comes to finding inspiration, you're a veritable whiz.

And: “Grab a hold of the boisterous energy of the day and run with it. This is a good time to kick up your heels and have fun. You might find that people are a bit more high-strung than usual, so you will probably find that you need to utilize your ability to go with the flow quite a bit. The more relaxed you are, the more relaxed others will be while they are around you.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment