Thursday, October 31, 2013

10/31/13

Two of Cups/Three of Wands.  Niiice.  The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  It also has to do with recognizing these things and the effects they have on us.  Today will be a day of magnetic attractions of all kinds, as well as sharing that brings balance. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) is a card of planning ahead that tells of the excitement that comes with good possibilities at hand.  Broadening our horizons, exploring possibilities, and perhaps creating some kind of trade or give-and-take through negotiations could bring profit. 

My Thoth cards are the Ace of Swords reversed and the Prince of Cups reversed.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) tells of the birth of ideas and concepts.  The Ace of Swords tells of consciousness and the beginning of the awareness of “self,” and it is reversed today, which tells me that asserting my Will might be dangerous.  The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  He may appear calm, cool and collected to others, but in an upright position my Prince of Cups responds deeply to life, and dreams big dreams.  I may not be good at hiding emotions or feelings today; between this one and my reversed Ace of Swords, I might be better off staying inside.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Coins reversed, flavored by the Seven of Swords reversed.  Two Sevens, both reversed!  The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments within the physical world.  The pause and assessment of this card reminds us that blossoms need to fade in order for seeds to appear.  Timing is important to the energies of this card, and since it is reversed, I may not perceive the issue clearly.  I need to be patient, but I also can’t allow patience to turn into procrastination.  My Seven of Coins is being flavored by another reversed Seven card, the Seven of Swords.  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) in an upright position tells of the effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  My card is reversed, and thus is telling me to trust in my own beliefs and needs, and trust that I will be able to prevent any behind-the–scenes shenanigans from causing harm.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number that tells of the completeness of manifestation or effect.  Appropriate, eh?

My horoscopes: “You may feel like you're doing all the work in a project or relationship and if you pull out for even a minute, the whole thing will fall apart. Be careful of putting so great a burden on yourself that you grow resentful of everyone else. You're good at criticizing other people's actions, but maybe the person you need to talk to about these issues is you.”

And: “Too many people might ask favors of you at once, and as is your way, you'll probably agree. Usually you can handle it, but today you might find you've bitten off more than you can chew. This could have you running around trying to keep everything straight. Stop for a moment, and see everything in its proper perspective. Then prioritize. You'll find you'll finish everything a lot more quickly!”

Today is the Sabbat of Samhain, the last of the harvest celebrations that tells of the death of the Sun God and the beginning of the dark time of the Wheel of the Year.  In our busy modern lives we often do not allow time for re-setting ourselves.  This year, I am going to consciously give myself this time.  I am going to strive to keep an inner focus during these cold, dark days, as I prepare for the rebirth of the Sun God in six weeks.  I will focus on releasing the things that no longer serve me, just like the trees around me that are releasing the leaves that had huge value over the Summer, but that are used up and ready to be recycled into Nature. 

So much has happened since last year, and more and more I believe that my experiences with Superstorm Sandy were the catalyst that began the changes.  Here is a part of my Journal entry from last year:

Maybe it is just the aftermath of experiencing the hugely churning energies of the past few days.  Maybe those energies have sand-blasted my senses, making them supercharged.  But it is interesting to me that this storm happened as Samhain approached, the final Fertility Sabbat and the re-setting of the Wheel of the Year.  This is the time that focuses on the Death card of the Tarot Major Arcana, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped.  In hind sight, I never came close to death over these past days, but there were a few moments when I was a bit nervous for a brief time.  I talked myself down from the ledge, but I could have easily panicked; I could have let the adrenaline rush control me. 

I have reached some tipping point over these past days, since Bob left for Hackensack at about 12 on Saturday afternoon.  The way my life essence fits into my body has shifted.  What will happen?  How will I change?  I don’t know, but change I will.  I can feel it happening already.

Tipping point?  Yep.  And here I am, in the midst of my second Saturn Return, approaching my 59th Solar Return, a totally different person.

Blessed Samhain, and Happy Halloween!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment