Friday, August 16, 2013

8/16/13


Ten of Swords/Queen of Cups reversed.  Well, that’s not a good start. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the perception of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  I guess today I need to realize that I am better off confronting my challenges rather than laying face down on the ground and letting them stomp me.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana. She is compassionate and loving, and yet she is able to stick to the rules without ruffling feathers.  My Queen is reversed today, so I may find that despite my heart being in the right place, the end results are not what I want. 

My Thoth card is the Nine of Swords.  “Cruelty” is the keyword for the upright card. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) in an upright position represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Crowley calls this worrying “cruelty of the mind,” and I need to remember that this kind of worry is a total waste of time and energy.  Things may not be as bad as they seem, and even if they are, there is always a silver lining to be found.

My Legacy card is the Four of Swords reversed, flavored by the Ten of Swords. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) in an upright position can represent a pause or truce or mutual deterrent, or a time of silence and isolation.  My Four of Swords is reversed, and that reinforces the entire spread today.  There may have been opportunities to calm the churning mental energies of the day, but they have mostly disappeared. And since we are ending this spread with another Ten of Swords, the day may end up finishing as it starts, with lots of uncomfortable and churning mental activity.

My6-digit date number is 10, the number that tells of the completion of a cycle, which reduces further to the number 1, which represents position and potential.

My horoscopes: “If you know you've wronged another, admit it immediately, Sagittarius. People are often quick to point out when others make mistakes, but it's the rare individual who points out their own mistakes. Demonstrate that you're strong and honorable enough to say when you've done wrong. Integrity will get you far in life, whereas deception and retreating from difficult situations will not.

And: “Things may not quite be fitting into place as neatly as you might like today. There is somewhat of a dampening tone to your actions today that is keeping you from getting things done exactly as you might like. Take a back seat and let others do the thinking. All you need to do is smile from ear to ear and go with the flow. Whatever action you do take today, be disciplined about it.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ace of Cups.  Oh-kay!  Nothing like a little sweet Water to wash away the angst of the day.  The Shadowscapes Ace of Cups tells of the tiniest drop of the beginning of some emotional effect.  Just what that effect will be in the end is unknown right now, but stuff is beginning.  Maybe even because of the discomfort of the day. 

And vacation moves forward.  I will be teaching another Yoga Class today, then heading for the beach.  The sun is shining and it is cool and comfortable at night.  Yessss!

$>  

No comments:

Post a Comment