Monday, December 24, 2012


King of Pentacles/Three of Swords.  Wow, these two cards really make sense to me today, and I do understand this dreaded Three of Swords; nothing like walking in the shoes of a situation in order to understand it. The King of Pentacles (cusp of Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, and Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, physically oriented) is the expert on the physical world, on physical world resources, and on physical manifestation.  He is a pillar of the community; he is reliable, predictable and knowledgeable, and turns everything he touches into gold.  The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  These two cards offer me a powerful message today: I may feel alone and unsettled and lost, but the best way to counter this is to reach out into the world and connect with others.  Being the King of Pentacles means that you have the skills necessary to help others and you know how to use those skills in an effective way.  Taking action is the best way to end that sense of isolation; this works better than sitting there, waiting for others to take the next step. 

My Thoth card is The Moon. The Moon of the Tarot Major Arcana corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, emotional and sensitive energy that strives to stay the same), Pisces (“I believe,” feeling, suffering, soul growth, duality), Qof (the back of the head), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), is about feelings and emotions and instincts and the subconscious.  In an upright position, this can be a magickal card or it can be a mysterious card.  Reversed, the picture could be a bit foggy, hard to understand, or even a bit scary.

My Legacy card is the Page of Coins reversed, flavored by The Chariot reversed. The Page of Coins (Aries, “I want,” assertive, action oriented, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual) is a listener, and this Page listens to both sides of an argument because he is also a student, and is eager to learn.  My Page is reversed, and this means that I might miss out on some important message connected to potential in the physical world. The Chariot, which corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, emotional and imaginative energy that likes to stay the same or follow the same course), Cancer (“I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), Cheth (the fence), and the Path between Geburah (the place where forms and structure are challenged or affirmed) and Binah (female receptive energy and the origin of form and structure), tells of having the control necessary to focus on goals, and to avoid distractions.  My Chariot is reversed, and flavoring my reversed Page of Coins, and this might be offering a possible explanation for the reversed state of my Page.  If I am distracted or not alert, I will miss the message of this Page.

My 6-digit date number is 12 (one number that can represent the end of a cycle), which reduces further to 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential of the Ace and the balance, duality, polarity and understanding of distance between of the number 2.

My horoscopes: “Tension may run high today as things come to a great emotional climax. It might seem as if everyone is out to get you, Sagittarius, but more than likely this paranoia is a figment of your imagination. Don't get carried away with crazy scenarios that have no basis in reality. People may be acting irrationally, so don't be surprised if reason and logic are nowhere to be found.

And: “Making a new friend, perhaps with someone from another country, could fill you with excitement today. The two of you might have a lot in common, and you could end up spending a lot of time together. Others could drift in and want to take part in your conversation, so don't be surprised if an impromptu party results. Have fun, keep track of your new friend, and don't forget to introduce them to your other friends.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Swords.  The Page of Swords has a very strong sense of purpose; she is watchful and alert, and able to adjust her thinking because she is aware of the subtle changes around her. She is not afraid to question her own beliefs or to reassess her own actions; knowledge of the truth is, after all, very important.

Since the Solstice, I am coming into contact with either words or sights or effects that seem to tickle some part of my brain.  “Air I am, Fire I am, Water, Earth, and Spirit I am!” is a lovely chant I read this morning, that is just begging me to put on my coat, sit on the ground with my back against the tree, and chant the words softly as I absorb the elements.  “The two most important days in your life are the day you were born . . . and the day you find out why.”  That one is by Mark Twain, and for some reason it is really smacking me in the forehead today.  How about Bob Marley’s “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice”?  I’ve been there, thankfully not recently, and I don’t want to go back there but I am always grateful that I had the strength to choose the high road. 

And it’s not only words.  The Platonic shape octahedron has been important to me since doing the elemental pathworking exercises associated with the Farrar/Bone online course, “Progressive Magick.”  Last night, I sat with my “fellow nerd” brother-in-law, and chatted about the Platonic solids.  We talked about dimensions and the concept of moving perpendicularly away from one dimension in order to enter another.  I described to him the basic numeric meanings to each of the Minor Arcana numbered cards (Ace = position or potential (or the point); Two = duality and distance between (or the line); Three = the creation of something new out of the Ace and the Two (or surface); Four = depth and stability and stillness (or the cube); Five = the imposition of motion to that depth and stability (motion is perpendicular to stillness); Six = vertical and horizontal harmony (which comes from a dynamic balance between stability and motion); Seven = the beginning of the degeneration of that harmony (perpendicular to that state of harmony; Eight = the attempt to halt that degeneration and maintain that harmony (perpendicular to that degeneration); Nine = the completeness of effect or manifestation (LOL, self-explanatory); Ten = the ending and resetting of the cycle so it can begin once again).  Again, I felt that isolated part of my brain being tickled, as if I was just missing some important concept. 

This morning, I went onto the MathWorld website my brother-in-law and I explored.  There, I was reminded of the elemental correspondences of each of the basic Platonic solids.  The tetrahedron (4 sides, 3 corners on each side for 12 corners) corresponds with Fire, the cube (4 sides, 4 corners on each side for 16 corners) corresponds with Earth, the icosahedron (20 sides, 3 corners on each side for 60 corners) corresponds with Water, the octahedron (8 sides, 3 corners on each side for 24 corners) with Air, and the dodecahedron(12 sides, 5 corners on each side for 60 corners) with the stuff that stars and the heavens and the constellations are made of (or, in my spiritual path, Spirit).  Notice that the shape of the sides of the dodecahedron is 5-sided, a pentagon.  Which can be reconfigured or paired with the 5-pointed shape (which is not a solid), the pentagram.  Which contains a pentagon at its heart. 

Some quick interesting facts about the number 5.  5 is a prime number (and the only one to end in the digit 5 because all others with a 5 in this position are multiples of 5, and thus not prime), the fifth Fibonacci number.  There are 5 Platonic solids, as noted above; we have 5 digits (as do many lifeforms on our world); there are 5 categories of hurricanes, 5 books in Psalms in the Bible and 5 wounds on Christ’s body at the crucifixion, 5 books in the Torah, there are 5 Pillars of Islam and Muslims pray to Allah 5 times each day, the Sikhs have 5 sacred symbols.  There are 5 elements (Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Spirit/Aether), 5 tastes (sweet, salty, sour, bitter, savory), 5 senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch) and there are 5 planets visible with the naked eye.  “Five by Five” in radio communication indicates a perfect signal; we can ask someone to “give me five” and receive a “high five from them”; we can “plead the fifth” (referring to the Fifth Amendment of the US Constitution), and invoke the “five second rule” when we drop food.  5 is even the holy number of Discordianism (Sacred Chaos), as represented by the Law of Fives (All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5. The Law of Fives is never wrong. Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00016)

LOL, just typing this is tickling my brain, and this tickling is acting as a curious catalyst in my energy body, increasing the lovely tension I usually feel when connected deeply to the Sacred.  Can’t wait to see what happens next.  I will continue to document these synchronicities and hopefully there will be some end result out of all this. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment